Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
1. Cite a contemporary moral issue in our society.
2. Apply ONE ethical theory to judge this moral issue.
– Cultural Absolutism
3. Use the theory’s claims in each paragraph to back up and support your arguments.
Cultural Relativism Claims
· Different societies have different moral codes
· There is no objective standard that can be used to judge one societal code better than other
· The moral code of our own society has no special status is merely one among many
· There is no universal truth in ethics-there are no moral truths that hold for all people at all times.
· The moral code of a society determines what is right and wrong in that society
· It is mere arrogance for us to try to judge the conduct of other people
4. Minimum of five paragraphs.